Mixed Emotions on Mixed Prints

June 28, 2017

Something that I'm not particularly used to is mixing prints. Whenever I decide what to wear for the day, I rarely pick out and pair printed pieces together. There's something so intimidating about wearing print on print because its either you end up looking chic or you end up looking like a mess.
I was on the fence on trying out print on print, but after a lot of overthinking and mental arguments with the voice inside my head, I convinced myself that its not as crazy as I think it looks. I like how it turned out, actually- both prints complimented each other pretty well. 
Since I didn't want my outfit to be two-toned everything, I decided to wear orange sandals for a pop of color. That's a trick I learned so the whole look would be lightened up. This trick looks great on monochrome outfits- especially on black and white.
Mixing prints isn't as bad as you think it is. Don't be afraid of wearing print on print, because the key to not looking crazy is to carefully pick out patterns or colors that compliment each other. If you want to try this trend but you're unsure about it, I suggest you read articles, and watch Youtube look books that show you tips on how to mix prints like a pro- because there's nothing wrong with gathering inspiration.
 Bell sleeve top (stole this from mom haha), Forever 21 striped skirt, Zalora sandals, Forever 21 hat, Sunnies Studios sunglasses

xx, mielle

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for reading! Let me know what you think about this post.

xx,
Mielle

Instagram

Archive

Talk to me

Name

Email *

Message *