Summer Favorites (Skincare, Fashion, Books, and Music!)

June 14, 2017

I can't believe that summer flew by so quickly! Last time I checked, it was still the beginning of April. But I'm glad, though, that the rainy days are upon us because that means I get to wear comfy clothes without sweating the second I put my clothes on. In honor of summer ending, here are some of the stuff I fell in love with and excessively used over the summer.
Skin care
Summer in the Philippines is crazy hot- the heat just sucks the life out of my skin. Because of that, I rely on my skincare to keep me from becoming a gross greaseball at the end of the day. 

Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel
Although I haven't tried that many cleansers, this Cleansing Gel is my favorite so far. Its so refreshing, and since its a gel (non-foaming), its pretty gentle on the skin. 

I also want to mention the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater because that was my holy grail for the summer! Rosewater is really good for your skin- don't sleep on it. I don't have it at the moment, though because I ran out of it. Its perfect to spray on your face if it gets uncomfortably hot, and its good for priming and setting your make up too!

Thayers Witch Hazel Toner
Witch hazel is really good at getting rid of your acne. I use this toner whenever my skin breaks out. On lazy days, my skin care routine typically consists of cleansing and toning, and I also spray Mario Badescu rosewater to my face and a bit on my hair before going to bed.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
This is my holy grail make up remover! Aside from the Simple micellar water cleansing wipes, I absolutely love this Garnier one to remove my make up- it literally melts the make up off so you won't have to rub and tug unlike other make up removers. Its gentle on the skin, fragrance free, and it doesn't leave a weird feel to the face after applying it. I highly recommend this!

Health & Beauty Indian Healing Clay
This face mask oh my goodness. To say that this is amazing would be an understatement. I love this so much! This is by far my favorite detoxifying mask. Its cruelty free, and since you only need a bit of it for your whole face, you get your money's worth because you get a huge tub that could last you for ages. I also like to apply a moisturizing face mask after washing this off since it leaves your skin a bit dry. But if you don't want to, you could always use your favorite moisturizer instead. 
Accessories
If you know me personally, I bet you'd notice that I used the heck out of this bag and sunglasses. These two were my staples for the summer because it compliments my style very well.

The only thing I can say about this bag is that it is so freaking cute. It looks so tiny, but trust me, you can fit so much in there. I used this bag non-stop during the summer because it honestly goes with every outfit I wear.

If you want to snag this bag, don't worry because I got you covered with a 15% discount on your first order at Zalora if you use my code: ZBAP2D8T upon checkout. Zalora also offers Cash on Delivery and Free shipping on orders Php995 and above. You're welcome.

Nothing screams summer better than these sunglasses. I love the retro vibe of these sunglasses- the main reason why these were my favorite to wear all throughout the summer.
Books
If I'm not scrolling through my social media, I'm either binge watching a TV series or deeply invested with a book. I'm more likely wasting my time with the former, though. But I thought I'd share my two favorite books that I read during my break.

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
Milk and Honey is a collection of poems, kind of like Lang Leav's books. I adore this book so much because Rupi writes about feminism, women empowerment, self-healing, and so much more. And the fact that Rupi also performs spoken poetry makes me fall in love with her work even more!

Lolita by Vladimir Nobokov
I can't even begin to explain how beautifully written Lolita is. Everything about it is pure art. The plot is controversial but never did the author mention obscene scenes blatantly. I love this book so much that I saw the movie and listened to the audio book. I read this while listening to it being narrated by Jeremy Irons- quite an experience, honestly, since he played the role of Humbert in the 1997 movie version of Lolita. I couldn't recommend this book enough.

Music
I've listened to a fair amount of songs over the summer. Here are just some of the albums and playlists I've been tirelessly listening to.
If you're part of the other half of the world that just started their summer vacation, hope you have a blast!
xx, mielle

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for reading! Let me know what you think about this post.

xx,
Mielle

Instagram

Archive

Talk to me

Name

Email *

Message *