Red is the New Black

July 05, 2017

There is nothing more pleasing to the eye than a color scheme based off of complimenting colors in the color wheel. Believe me when I say that my color theory heart screamed when I realized that this wall and my outfit had complimenting colors.
The combination of blue, green, red, and subtle hint of orange is an example of a Double Compliment color scheme. If you look at the color wheel, blue & orange, and red & green are both opposite and adjacent with each other. Based on color theory, to create a color scheme that is pleasing to the eye is to pick out colors that are either opposite or adjacent with each other on the color wheel.
On another note, this outfit was created by my good friend Loren of The Life of Loren. This is a rare occurrence since I don't usually ask somebody else to style my outfits for me. I guess its about time that I stepped out of my comfort zone, and tried something new for a change. 
When I asked her who her inspiration for this outfit was, she told me she took into consideration my own personal style, and based how she wanted the look to turn out from there. Another style influence, according to her, would have to be Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl since she wears lots of bold colors in the show.
Forever 21 ribbed top, SM Girls Teens Wear culottes, Zalora embroidered bag, Topshop shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses

PS: Be on the look out for a blog post on Loren's blog featuring yours truly. Hint: its vegan related.

xx, mielle

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for reading! Let me know what you think about this post.

xx,
Mielle

Instagram

Archive

Talk to me

Name

Email *

Message *